Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Growing the Consuming Jakfruit




I really started this blog to record my adventures in rare fruit growing and to help others enjoy the hobby. If you enjoyed the jakfruit cleaning and eating, you might be interested in growing the fruit. I have two trees planted now. One tree was hit by frost last winter, so it is rather small but is coming up again. I really expected it to recover faster because it had a good root system, but I guess it is coming along. They can produce fruit in 3 to 4 years from seed. I can't wait! I have them planted in well drained soil. They get abundant water and are watered year round. Of course I planted all the seeds from my purchase, so some day I may have a jakfruit orchard.

1 comment:

digital said...

Nice blog.
Excellent information.

Please visit:

http://bali-universe.blogspot.com

Good luck