Thursday, March 5, 2009

Job Interview For The Elderly (Previously Posted)

I am pretty sure the interviews go like this:
Applicant: I would like a job. I am 65 (or 70), very slow moving but can still walk without a walker. I like talking to people and have lots of long stories to tell. Some consider my storytelling to be soporific and quite the benefit. I am not quite as sharp as I used to be. I have a little trouble remembering numbering. For instance 62, 63, 64... Oh, in 1965 I was still living in - oops sorry. I am quite fastidious. For example, if I am wrapping something, I make sure all the corners are exactly even and each fold perfectly smooth. If not, I start all over again and do it right. I even block out all sounds and voices to make sure I am doing my task correctly. I remember once I didn't even hear a fire siren when I had - oops sorry. I would like to apply for any job you have available for me. Thanks for your consideration. I am telling you those young people have no consideration these days. Last week I was driving down - oops sorry.
Employer: Thank you for coming. You are now employed in the deli department of Publix.

No comments: