Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Sum Total

If you knew the total you could have changed your day. For instance, yesterday I turned into a plaza and was almost hit by a 90 year old woman who just blew through a stop sign. I went into Publix and picked up a few items and went to the quick checkout line. The customer being helped bagged him own few groceries and was trying to hurry out. He paid in cash and was owed $2 and change. The cashier opened her drawer and had no dollar bills. She shuffled to the managers area and spent the next 10 minutes trying to get ones. Of course she forgot to bring any money over with her, so shuffle to the register, shuffle back, wait in line to be helped again and you get the picture. She gets back with her ones and forgets how much the customer is owed so has to ask him for his receipt which by this time he has crumpled into a little ball in his pocket. He finally gets his $2 and off he goes. The lady in front of me had about 3 items in a small basket and a case of beer. The cashier rings up the items in the basket and only charges her $6.xx. The lady had swipped her card and was just looking dumbfounded. The cashier looks at me standing with my couple of items in back of a green bar separating the beer from my items and says, "This is yours right." I am like NO! So oops, she separately rings up the beer and finally the customer gets to leave. At last my turn. She rings up my items and the total is $13.13.

No comments: