Thursday, March 5, 2009

Too Easy (Previously Posted)

Our local paper is just making my amusement almost too easy. "119 pigs auctioned off at fair swine sale." Good thing they weren't auctioned off at the sheep sale. It took me a while to get this one. "House shot up overnight." I was thinking mushrooms and fungus or at the very least Habitat for Humanity. I finally realized bullets were involved. The victims were unable to provide information about the shooter or shooters to the police, but I am thinking they should have asked the house. It was a bad day to be a house in Manatee County. "Women vie for Strawberry queen." Don't really know why strawberry has a capital S, but I didn't make a mistake. I think they may be competing for the strawberry queen title though and not for the previous title holder. And I saved the best for last. "Iguanas fall from trees." Seems our cold spell puts the reptiles into hibernation and they loose their grip on trees and fall to the ground. I just have this image of a bunch of iguanas spread eagle all over the forest! It is good to start your day with a smile.

No comments: