Wednesday, March 4, 2009

News Of the Ultimate Outsourcing Or In This Case "Insourcing" (Previously Posted)

It was bad enough when I called Circuit City about something I was trying to order online and I couldn't understand the woman from India. My item's part number was a long series of letters and numbers. It took so long getting her to understand my accent that I almost forgot what I wanted to order. Which turned out to be a good thing because they didn't have it on the web or in the stores anyway. I really didn't feel bad though, I only wanted a battery backup for my computer. I didn't want my soul saved or last rites. Unlike the Roman Catholic convents in Italy who are so short of nuns that they have to bring poor immigrant women from Africa and India to become nuns. According to the Sister Superior, there is a language problem and the new nuns can't understand the parishioners and the parishioners don't understand the nuns. It seems that Italians are having less children (one of the lowest birth rates in Europe) and don't have any spares to send to the church. Also, "The young in Italy have tv. They have cell phones. They have these laptops they carry around." "When you are going to discos, how can you expect to hear the word of God? You need silence to hear God." Maybe when the "young" have to replace their electronics should call Circuit City. That should solve all the problems in Italy!

No comments: